Facts about Emerald Gemstone
Because of the green color of Emerald Gemstone, the ancient cultures prized it as the gemstone symbolizing love and rebirth. Another emerald gemstone fact is the first precious stone to be mined was Emerald.
Care And Cleaning Of Emerald Gemstone
In order to clean the Emerald, wash it with warm water with a very mild detergent and after that clean it with a soft or dry cloth.
Avoid harmful chemicals to clean the Emerald. Avoid Soaking Emeralds In Hot Or Warm Or Cold Water. The problem in Treated Emeralds is that water may exude in the fillers.
Revealing the Emerald to heat may cause the crack to expand and make Emerald very flimsy. Keep Emerald away from heat or wetness.
Properties of Emerald Gemstone
Emerald possess following properties:
- Cosmic Color of Emerald is Green.
- The Indian name of Emerald is “Panna”.
- Planet of Emerald is Mercury.
- The hardness of Emerald is 7.5 – 8 on Mohs scale.
- An element of Emerald is Earth.
- Sign of Emerald is Gemini and Virgo.
- Other names of Emerald is Market, Samargdos, Tarkshya, Smeralda etc.