Emerald gemstone is one of the most stunning gemstones that you can ever buy for yourself. Not only it offers a lot of positive benefits to the wearer but it also bestows one with great intelligence and wisdom.
The bright green color of emeralds can have a hypnotizing look on any onlooker. However, when you are looking to buy an emerald stone, you must make sure that you are getting an original one instead of a fake emerald as this would mean that you have wasted your money for nothing. Let’s see difference between natural emerald And fake emerald gemstone
Here are some of the things that you need to keep in mind when you are looking to distinguish an original emerald stone from a fake one.
1. The color of the emerald is one of the prime factors that you need to keep in mind when you are looking to buy an original stone.
2. Observe the color and hue of the stone as this can tell you whether you are holding an authentic emerald in your hand or a fake one.
3. Emeralds can be found in numerous hues and shades of green and may range from light green to dark green.
4. Most of the high quality and valuable emeralds have a hue of bluish green to pure green.
5. Unlike fake emeralds, natural emeralds have a color that is distributed evenly.
1. It is important for you to note that an emerald is never 100% clear.
2. While emeralds that are brighter are considered to be clearer and better than the ones that are low on brightness, it is going to be very difficult for you to get an emerald that is completely clean.
3. While emeralds that are super clear do exist, there are still extremely rare.
4. For this reason, you must be cautious and careful when you are looking to buy emeralds.
5. Typically, a stone that is completely free of any kind of inclusions and is characterized by total clarity is very much likely to be a fake.
1. In any authentic emerald, you are going to find inclusions that are rather difficult to create synthetically.
2. An emerald that is free from any inclusions is very rare.
3. This means that if you come across an emerald that is free of any inclusions, you must immediately consider it as a fake.
4. The inclusions that are present in an emerald mostly come in the forms of lines, crystals, and bubbles which create a distinctly cloudy appearance.
1. The edge of the emerald is yet another characteristic that can help you to distinguish a real emerald from a fake one.
2. Usually, an original emerald stone exhibits good hardness.
3. If the edges appear brittle, worn out and/or slightly damaged, you can be sure of the fact that it is a fake emerald made from glass since glass is characterized by lower hardness compared to an original emerald.
1. If you view the emerald stone under white light, you can notice its luster which is referred to as its fire. The truth is that natural emerald stone never emits a sufficient amount of fire.
2. Typically the amount of fire is very low.
3. Therefore, if you find a stone that produces a lot of fire and exudes multiple hues of colors, you must consider it as a fake emerald.
1. Beware of any seller, who offers you a high-quality emerald at a very low price, you can be sure of the fact that it is a fake emerald.
2. A high-quality emerald that has got very few inclusions is going to come at a very high price.
3. You should also get proper documentation for the emerald stone that you choose to buy.