The alluring green color emerald stone is attributed to being the precious stone. Considering the rave physical properties of emerald gemstone, it also falls under the class of precious stones.
And it has to be kept in the same category of other precious stones like sapphire, ruby, and diamond.
The dazzling shine and green color of this stone often compel people to love and desire for this stone. It enhances the curiosity of a gem buyer to gather more details of this stone.
Here we would discuss 10 interesting & fun facts related to Emerald Stone:
- Emerald stone is associated with the beryl family. A light green color stone is not termed emerald stone rather it is called green beryl.
- A natural emerald stone must contain few inclusions. If it has no inclusions then it would not be stated as the real emerald rather it would be termed as synthetic emerald stone.
- Jaipur is stated to be the largest emerald cutting centers of the world today.
- In ancient times, roman’s had associated this powerful stone to the planet Venus, the goddesses of love. Earlier it was said that wearing emerald blossoms love and endow strength to its wearer.
- Emerald stone mined from various parts of the world. Brazilian and Zambian emerald stones are stated to be the best quality emerald stones.
- Emerald stone is found in only green color. The value & worth of emerald largely depend on the intensity of the color; the greener Emerald will be more expensive as compared to light green color emerald.
- In Medieval times, Christian associated this precious gemstone with Lucifer the “devil”. Though, the stone was referred to as “devil,” yet people used to consider this stone positive and believed that wearing this stone would bring honesty, wisdom, and love.
- As per Indian astrology, Emerald is associated with the planet Mercury, which is referred to being “prince” among all other planets. Mercury signifies wisdom, love, intellect, honesty, and self-concentration.
- The Mystic Johannes van Ruusbroec (1293-1381 A.C.) announced that the stone was indeed the holy spirit of Jesus.
- Nero, the emperor, was said to watch gladiator matches through this stone.